Wednesday, August 12, 2009


We are now in full training mode for the Marathon. I am not running this year due to a recovering knee problem, hopefully next year. Marium is running several mornings each week, one or two more long runs, a 20 mile and 23 run are in the works. It is amazing how you miss something when it is taken away. I really MISS running with our friends Sam and Barbara, I miss running with Marium. For so many years such an activity was crazy to me, again, I had no idea what benefits and enjoyment I would find in such an activity. Marium, Sam and Barbara are running very strong this year. I am sure they will have excellent times for people their age. That is one of the things this is all about, keeping our bodies as healthy as can be as we grow older. There is no question our health is better than it was several years ago when Sam and I decided to do something about our health, so we started walking, one mile, two miles, three and so on. Eventually leading to running a Marathon. It has been a wonderful trip. I look forward with great anticipation in helping with the training for these three wonderful people, I look forward with anticipation as to how they will do this year at the St. George Marathon. Joel

No comments:

Post a Comment